Whether it’s a business meeting or brunch with a colleague, I always seem to forget something. Usually, it’s not the most important things like my wallet or cell phone but it will be something that could make my life easier, like my phone charger.
I always rely on my car charger, and if I hop in the car with a friend who is #teamIphone, I’ll beat myself up for not remembering my #teamandroid charger. Women in general always like to be prepared for whatever may come our way, this is why we often…ahem…over pack.
If you want to be better prepared for that crazy work week that’s coming up or the sudden business trip, check out this list below before you head out the door.
- Electronics pouch (Small bag for chargers, headphones, etc.)
- Electronic cleaner and cloth
- Cell phone/ wallet/keys (of course!)
- Feminine products
- Flushable cleansing cloths
- Tissue, hand sanitizer
- Lysol wipes (be ready for the public restrooms!)
- Band Aid (travel size kit)
- OTC/prescription pain relievers
- Body Hygiene Products (deodorant, perfume, body spray, lotion, etc.- travel size)
- Small umbrella
- Hair ties, scarf, hair products (hair spray)
- Nail Kit
- Sewing kit (ever snag your new skirt on something and the thread was loose…?)
- Lent roller
- Healthy snack/beverage
- Dental Floss
- Sunglasses and sunglass case
- Makeup bag (don’t forget your blotting sheets)
- Pouch for highlighters, pens, pencils, stylus
- Portfolio folder
- Business cards
- Square card reader (for my entrepreneurs)
- Eyeglasses and eyeglass cleaner/contacts and contact solution
- Book (In case you need something to do while you have an extra 30 minutes on your lunch break or want to block out the person next to you on the subway, go to www.workofartb.com and buy my psychological mystery Shattered Marbles)
If you don’t want to carry all of these items every day or all day, have a smaller purse to take with you while you leave these items in your car or in your desk drawer.
Did I miss anything? If so, let me know in the comments below!